New Lounger
    Thanks

Invisible Toolbox (Access 97 Sr2)

A user has complained that his toolbox won't display ! When he clicks the toolbox icon in form design it looks like its going to appear but then nothing happens - no errors.
    Tried it on a new blank database and its same problem ! But if I log-onto the same PC - works fine.

Any Ideas ???

Windows NT and Access97Sr2

Thanks in advance !

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Invisible Toolbox (Access 97 Sr2)

That sounds like it's profile-related, which essentially means registry-related. Is Access actually installed on the machine or is it running across the network?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Invisible Toolbox (Access 97 Sr2)

Thanks Charlotte - I had suspected it might be a registry problem. Access is on the network. I had checked both of our profiles and couldn't find any access type files that were 'user specific'. However, was hoping someone might have a bright idea that was less dramatic than the registry. If we log it with our IT dept they just reset the users profile to 'base' standard - which tends to cause lots of other things to stop working and any customizations/shortcuts get lost ! - I will suggest that he takes the appropriate actions to backup what he can then bight the bullet and go for a reset.

Thanks anyway.

Gary