New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am trying to load AVG antivirus 2011 on my Acer laptop with MS Windows 7. I never had problems loading AVG on my other computers running under Windows Vista or Windows XP. I have tried both downloading the file to my computer and running the file from the AVG site. Everything seems to work until the program starts to extract the files and either stops in the middle of extracting or extracts the files and then stops and nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Michael

Thanks
    No idea on your problem, sorry Michael.

What I will say is that AVG 2011 has been very problematic for many users. I've used it myself and installed and recommended it to others for years but it has not been so good in the last year or so and the latest iteration (IMO) should not be installed on anything other than a clean, vanilla system. It's easier to use Avast! or Avira.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Well I was finally able to download AVG 2011. I was reading Woody's book "Windows 7 for Dummies" and decided to follow the instructions in the book (which I think is what I was doing before). This time it downloaded and installed perfectly. The only think I can think of is perhaps AVG updated their version of AVG 2011 in the last week and now it is easier for me to install it?

Michael Borlace

Thanks
    I've read that AVG have made many fixes to this version since the initial release a few months ago, I hope it works well for you.