Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

E-mail Header (Word2000 9.0 SR-1)

I have a Word document that displays an e-mail header (with the typical To: CC: & Subject: boxes) immediately underneath the format toolbar and atop the normal text window. I don't recall how it got there, but the most frustrating thing is that I find no way to remove it. Does anyone have a clue?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: E-mail Header (Word2000 9.0 SR-1)

Yep! There should be an icon to the right of your standard toolbar (the one with new, open, save). Just to the right of the save should be a button which appears to be depressed -- click it and you're good as new.

Now, if you don't have that button showing, then it's a customization I made way back. Right click a toolbar and select Customize at the bottom. On the left should have File highlighted. On the right, 4th down, click and drag New mail message to a toolbar. Press the button and the header will go away.

HTH
    Karen

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Karen,

Thanks a bunch -- the button was right where you said it would be. I'm astounded that had been working with word for many years and never noticed that buttion.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You're welcome, Chuck. Don't feel too bad... it was new with 2000 (or at least I think so, having skipped the '97 generation).
    Karen