Lounger
    Thanks
    Please see attached.
    Where can I find an explanation of how the individual measurements in the Format Shape Dialog Box work? Making a 3-D perspective in 2003 was so much simpler!
    Thanks in advance,
    georgette
    [attachment=91159:FORMAT SHAPE dialog box.pptx]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Er, I started off looking for links for Points and Degrees but on rereading your post. I don't think that is your question.
    Hmmm, I can't find a reference - perhaps my googlefu is weak today. Perhaps someone else will do better.
    In the meantime, you should know that not every shape will work with(display) every 3D option - lets talk about that dialog first.

The Bevel portion of the dialog has two sections Top & Bottom. Obviously, if the bottom of the shape is not visible or at the wrong angle you wont be able to see what the bottom bevel option do. You may need to rotate the shape to bring it into view.

Beveling has two options Width and Height. If one considers a button face.
    [attachment=91177:button bevel width.png]
    Width is the "depth" of the button effect. The other option - height is not visible in this picture because we see it full on.

Rotating the button 90 degrees in the Y axis. Shows the button directly from a side view. And now you can see the height effect.
    [attachment=91180:button bevel height.png]
    The Bevel option is also available for the bottom of an object. Of course, how much of the bottom is visible will vary.

The color depth option is not visible unless we see a bit of the side of the button. Here I've used a green for color depth.
    [attachment=91178:button bevel colour.png]. I rotated the button to the right (X axis) and tipped it down (Y axis) to make the side more visible.

The Contour option is the same effect used in the wireframe option for a shape. Here I've set the color to red so it jumps out.
    [attachment=91179:button bevel Contour.png]

The Lighting Angle. This is the direction the light source comes from when striking the object.
    Imagine a clock face (there are 360 degrees in a circle).
    [attachment=91181:button bevel light angle.png]
    Was this what you were asking? We can continue this discussion if I'm on the right track.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lounger
    Thanks
    Your explanation was Excellent... many thanks. One other question: if you use wireframe can you still do 3-D? If so, how?

I am also looking for "directions" of building a PowerPoint 2007 template. Our company recently switched from 2003-->2007 and the *.pot template is not working well.
    If we make a chart based on the 2003 template but using the 2007 graphics and save the file at a ppt. (compatibility mode), you cannot edit the chart afterwards.
    If we make a chart based on the 2003 template but using the 2007 graphics and save the file at a pptx, it looks great on the screen but prints only half the chart.
    If I begin with a blank 2007 and make a chart it functions and prints correctly. So I need directions to make that happen.

What I am not sure of is where to control the color of the title, bulleted text separately from the slide numbers (in placeholders) and text in graphs. I thought it was all controlled in the colors in themes, but that does not seem to be working.

Should this be a separate thread??
    Thanks in advance,
    Georgette

Thanks
    Yes, you can still set 3D options on a wireframe object. I'd turn on wireframe first and then tweak the 3D.
    Yes, please start the questions about templates in a new thread.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile