2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have Word 2003 currently installed on my computer, and I'm running Windows XP. I would like install Office 2010, but still mantain the 2003 version. Is this possible? I want to find out before installing 2010. Thanks.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Yes. When you do a custom install of Office 2010 you will be given the opportunity to retain the current versions of your Office products except Outlook. Only one version of Outlook can be installed at a time.

NOTE: You can choose to install only the products from Office 2010 that you wish.

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks
    It works. However, you will experience delays each time you switch from one version to the other as Windows rebuilds its installation. I strongly recommend keeping the Word 2003 installed, though. There are some things that it does better than Word 2010.

Lounger
    Thanks

Oops. Forum introduced blanks in several lines

See my addition to the referenced post: "I notice that there are several blanks inserted in the text above. When I go to edit the post, the blanks are not there so if you use this be careful to remove the blanks. E.g., in '[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Options]' there should not be a blank after the W in Word. I don't see a way to edit them out in the original post."

Correcting the blank in the line above will prevent Office 2003 from re-registering itself and things will speed up considerably! (Thanks for your post Charles; I wouldn't have seen this otherwise.) There are a lot of other introduced blanks in the post.