2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I recorded 27 videos on my new Nano5 iPod and when I transferred the files to my computer four of the .mp4 (MPEG-4 Movie) files, which all open in QuickTime, somehow came out rotated 270 degrees clockwise. I apparently recorded incorrectly (another lesson learned). I then downloaded a free video conversion program (Blaze Media Pro) and converted all the files to .wmv format, which is how my relatives desire to view the videos.

After completing that procedure, which worked fine, the four rotated .mp4 files mentioned above are now rotated 360 degrees as .wmv files– completely upside down.

How can I rotate or flip those four .mp4 and, especially, the four .wmv videos so that they are right side up?

Robert

Thanks
    Blaze Media Pro should be able to rotate it, according to their site: http://www.blazemp.com/rotate_video.htm

(A free program I have used in the past to rotate Canon digital camera AVI videos is VirtualDub. However, I suspect the software you have would be easier to use.)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Pinnacle Studio has a rotation effect that you can use to straighten the video.
    http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...Studio+Family/

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,220 Posts
    Even the free and simple Windows Live Movie Maker will let you rotate the video. and it will work both with mp4 and wmv files. It will only output to wmv, though, but that seems to suit your needs.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies. After spending the entire weekend trying to figure out how to use Blaze Media Pro, I was finally able to rotate the videos with much trial and error. It appears to be a pretty good program, but its help file was not very much help at all to me, a video novice who needed more detailed "how-to" instructions.
    Robert

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a FYI: If you use VLC media player, it has an option to rotate the video through various angles during playback. In fact, IIRC, you can even flip it horizontally/vertically.