Star Lounger
    Thanks
    What seems to be the best way to move folders in Windows 7? There seems to be several different ways. I have several hdd with several partitions. Thanks.

Thanks
    I think the best method is to right click the folder, choose Properties, then Location (this only shows up on those folders that moving location is allowed) This page has step by step procedures.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    I think the best method is to right click the folder, choose Properties, then Location (this only shows up on those folders that moving location is allowed) This page has step by step procedures.
    ingeborgdot,

Please don't view my question as a hijacking of your thread, I think that the question is appropriate.

Ted,

Thank you for the useful link. I've been thinking about moving my personal files and folders to a different partition (they are now in C as described in your link) but there are gigabytes of them. The article recommends doing so soon after the Vista install to avoid problems. If one has a recent image to fall back on, is it worth a try with so much data to move? Or is it doomed to failure?

Thanks,
    John

P.S. Using Win 7, not Vista.
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit

Thanks
    I understand about youe OS being Win 7 (as is mine) but the procedure is the same. This was the first article I found. I essentially moved all folders that allowed the move (had a location tab) with no problems at all. If you have an Up To Date Image, then go for it. With an Image the restoration is easy if something untoward happens. With that much data it may take a while. This method moves the data and resets the path to correspond to the new location.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Ted,

Thanks for your reply. I have a few things to get in order, then I'll give it a go. I'll have to practice using the mouse with my fingers crossed first!

John
    Dell Inspiron 530 Intel Pentium E2180 dual core @2.00 GHz 4GB Ram Win7 64 bit