New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have windows 7 with Windows live mail.. kept getting sign in Pop up. Signed in numbers of times and they were to send Verification Message.. Never came tried for several ldays.. I then Cancelled the account Tried re establishing acct. with new password and now I get two pop ups.. the sign up one and now before I can open must have a verification message and takes me to a location to click on "Send Verification" which I have done numerous times and still no letter.. Tried to Restore the computer and that did no good..Should I uninstall Windows live and then re install... Any help for this mess. Thanks..

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hi Keith, Welcome to the Lounge.
    To use WLM correctly you must have a Windows Live ID, e.g. keith@hotmail.com
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is this a @live email account or @hotmail or something else you are trying to get to work through WLM? Sounds like whichever it is it is not configured correctly in the account settings. Usually, if its Yahoo (needs to be a paid for account) or Hotmail or Live or Gmail there is a configuration page in the web-email account settings options for forwarding or downloading mail to a client like WLM. Did you follow that procedure?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Byron.. When I upgraded to Windows 7 I didn't do much tinkering with it.. I had Outlook Express and it went to windows live mail almost automatically.. I use a national ISP Charter Communications. I had received pop ups indicating that I should sign up for windows live mail even though I was receiving my e mails just fine so I went to their site from the pop up and set up an account using my current address which was charter.net. all was ok until about a week ago and when I went to open e mail there was this pop up telling me to sign on..I just deleted it as I had no reason to use the things they offered.. this went on for over a week and I went to google and found that this was more common than I thought others were having problems with this pop up each time they went on the internet and they indicated that one solution was to sign on and open Windows live.. and and to go into Menu-options and in Options choose connection and on that screen click on a box that said "Stop Signing In" That was all fine except that Windows live accepted my address and even my password and I was advised that I would receive a Verification letter .. 2 days and no verification so I did it again and nothing and again and again.. I then thought what the hell and I went in and cancelled the account.. now I get 2 pop ups 1 that still says that I have to sign in and now one that says I must have verification and I click on that link and then click send verification message.. and I get nothing back... My e mail account seems to be working o,k. I am sending and receiving but I have to click off the two pop ups before my mail will come in... I probably really screwed it up when I cancelled the account. but when I re signed up with a new pass word they accepted but kept saying authorization letter had to come before it was usable.. Hope this makes some sense to you and I certainly appreaciate your taking a look see.... Keith

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Byron: I sent you the big long cry baby list of my problem and finally decided to try one more thing.. Opened my mail and then went to mail options and then to Connections and there is a Checked spot where you can say do not open Live Mail.. Warned that by un checking would not be able to use some features but I don't anyway so checked do not open and it immediately solved my problem... Thanks for your imput... Keith