Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello.

I am having a problem with Adobe Flash that tries to renew-upgrade itself on my Acer desktop, it just will not conclude, it keeps trying to do its trick. this takes place when trying to listen to Live 365 radio and also to the local newscast.

To circumvent the problem, I switched to FireFox and this does not happen. The reason that Flash is trying this is that I am now on W-7 in 64 bitness. Some of these sites will play fine if I use IE x86, strange !

Has anybody here experienced this slight aggravation and how did you cure this ?

Have a large day...........Jean.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi Jean,

Flash has no 64 bit support (other than a beta), so if you want to run flash you should run the 32 bit version of IE.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Do you have the latest 64-bit BETA version of Flash? See Adobe Labs - Adobe Flash Player "Square".

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP and Rui, thanks a mega for your succour.

But I am still stuck on FF to listen to Live 365. I attempted to download and install any new version of Flash, no joy. I tried both the 32 and the 64 version of IE 8, it would not take and as soon as I tried to connect to 365, I was presented with a dialog to install it...again. I would click on the OK repeatedly and it would just ask me again. The download seemed to work fine, it asked me to RTFM the license, to click here to receive the D/L and finished with a DONE flag that I clicked and it all closed but still Live 365 and the local FM broadcaster keep asking for me to take the update either using the 32 or the 64 bit version of IE 8.

Can you both steer me to a solution ?........Jean.

Edit : one typo.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Jean,

I would probably uninstall the current version of flash and download a fresh one from adobe's site (you can do it from the control panel). See if that helps.

Regards

Rui
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui, great minds always think alike.

I did go to the Panel and removed all instances of Flash. I then tried to connect to 365 and again I was presented with the same request : Would I like to D/L the latest version, I did go through all the steps, got the prompt to have it "DONE" but again no joy. Do you think that it could be a block on Live 365 ? I did select the 32 bit IE 8.

There has to be an interaction with W-7 - Flash - 365 as on FireFox is plays fine. Still listening here to you and JoeP.

Fun this is.............Jean.

Update: Now the local radio plays fine in IE8-32, does not ask for a Flash update.
    Scratching head !

Administrator
    Thanks
    Jean,

If you are listening to it in IE 32bit, you must have Flash installed. One of the installs must have completed.

Regards

Rui
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui, me again.

>>>If you are listening to it in IE 32bit, you must have Flash installed. One of the installs must have completed.

Yep, what is the problem with Live 365 then ? Would you try it for my education ???

Thanks..............Jean.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Jean,

Do you still have problems with Live365?

I went there, using IE9 on Win 7 64 and had no problems at all (other than forcing IE into compatibility mode).

Regards

Rui
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Rui, hello.

Yes, still problems with Live 365. Now, even Firefox and the IE-32bits ask me to D/L Flash. I go through the motions but it does not install, so I think. It indacates that the install is successful but alas, if I try any connection to a musical site or news, it says that I need to install ( ??? ) Adobe Flash, this in either bitness of IE 8 and now FF.

Is there a Security setting that would vacate this install ? I looked into this but all seems normal.

You be good..........Jean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Try using the Flash uninstaller from Uninstall Flash Player | Windows. Be sure to close all browser windows before running the uninstaller.

Joe
    Joe

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello JoeP and Rui.

Much to my dismay, things are running now and I did not do anything, which is worst. Now, even FireFox does not ask for the Flash download. I use the 32 bit IE-8 and all is fine.

I have no explanation of this, from my end of things, none at all ! I am totally lost as to why it would not run before and now does.

Do not loose any sleep over this.................Jean.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Hi Jean,

As long as it keeps that way, it's really all that matters.

Regards

Rui
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    JoeP, hello.

Even if I did not have to use your recommended procedure to uninstall Flash, your suggestion was appreciated. I am always in awe at the resources that you provide.

I have Flash 10.1.102.64 in this secondary machine, a P4, a relic already.

I am also surprised that the fault "cured" itself, honest I did not do anything or if I did, I can not say what.

Be good........Jean.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    A handy site for your toolbox is:

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If you visit it with each of your browsers, it will tell you which version of the Flash player plugin is installed on that browser. Look underneath the splash advertising, to the right. It should say, "You have version ___ installed." If you see no splash, you either have an ancient version, or no Flash player at all.

This way, when a random site says you need a new Flash player, you can go to the source and confirm that they're correct, or know that something else is the problem.

I get the "need a Flash player" occasionally on new sites that I haven't authorized to run scripting yet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast