Lounger
    Thanks
    I am looking for "directions" of building a PowerPoint 2007 template. Our company recently switched from 2003-->2007 and the *.pot template is not working well.
    • If we make a chart based on the 2003 template but using the 2007 graphics and save the file at a ppt. (compatibility mode), you cannot edit the chart afterwards.
    • If we make a chart based on the 2003 template but using the 2007 graphics and save the file at a pptx, it looks great on the screen but prints only half the chart.
    • If I begin with a blank 2007 and make a chart it functions and prints correctly.

So I need directions to convert the 2003 template-->2007 template easily. Or should I start at the beginning and creat everthing from scratch in 2007 and save it with a named template name?

I am not sure where to control the color of the title, bulleted text separately from the slide numbers (in placeholders) and text in graphs. I thought it was all controlled in the colors associated with the template's theme, but that does not seem to be working. I can choose a chart after it has been created and make it black text (the title and regular bulleted text is blue). But is there any way of making that the default color in a named template?

Thanks in advance,
    Georgette

Thanks
    I'm just going to start on a bit of a tangent. Are the presentations that are made - do they travel a lot outside of your organization?
    The reason I ask this is that between 2003 and 2007 the way colors are stored changes. 2007 uses color themes which are stored outside of the template and ppt files. This is unlike 2003, where color schemes are saved with the template/file.
    If the presentations are used inside an organization, then one can install the custom themes throughout the corporate computers. But if the presentations travel, this starts to become a real pain and a hassle for the speaker.

If we make a chart based on the 2003 template but using the 2007 graphics and save the file at a pptx, it looks great on the screen but prints only half the chart.
    I haven't seen this behaviour before. Can you post a sample?

is there any way of making that the default color in a named template?
    If you have a very specific appearance for your charts - the most direct way is to offer the user preformatted chart slides. When you save your template include a slide with a chart formatted as desired. When the user uses the template, the chart slide will be included (I've seen these dummy slides include a great deal of instruction - its' a good method to help novices use various program features). If their presentation doesn't use a chart, they simply delete the slide.
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharine Richardson - WebGenii View Post
    I'm just going to start on a bit of a tangent. Are the presentations that are made - do they travel a lot outside of your organization? YES, 95% OF THE TIME. SO WHAT HAPPENS WHEN IT TRAVELS OUTSIDE THE COMPANY???
    The reason I ask this is that between 2003 and 2007 the way colors are stored changes. 2007 uses color themes which are stored outside of the template and ppt files. This is unlike 2003, where color schemes are saved with the template/file.
    If the presentations are used inside an organization, then one can install the custom themes throughout the corporate computers. But if the presentations travel, this starts to become a real pain and a hassle for the speaker.

If we make a chart based on the 2003 template but using the 2007 graphics and save the file at a pptx, it looks great on the screen but prints only half the chart.
    I haven't seen this behaviour before. Can you post a sample? SEE ATTACHED PPTX FILE AND A PDF OF HOW IT PRINTED THE CHART

is there any way of making that the default color in a named template?
    If you have a very specific appearance for your charts - the most direct way is to offer the user preformatted chart slides. When you save your template include a slide with a chart formatted as desired. When the user uses the template, the chart slide will be included (I've seen these dummy slides include a great deal of instruction - its' a good method to help novices use various program features). If their presentation doesn't use a chart, they simply delete the slide.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    It will use the default themes from the computer it is being played on.
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Thanks
    I haven't seen this behaviour before. Can you post a sample? SEE ATTACHED PPTX FILE AND A PDF OF HOW IT PRINTED THE CHART
    I can't reproduce this problem. For me, the chart prints out entirely. This could be a question of service packs or printer drivers.
    WebGenii Home Page

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharine Richardson - WebGenii View Post
    I can't reproduce this problem. For me, the chart prints out entirely. This could be a question of service packs or printer drivers.

Hummmmm, I tried it at home on 2 different computers, 2 printers each and the partially printed chart problem is still there. At home both are under WIN 7 and Office 2007; at work it is Windows XP & Office 2007. Very strange. Anybody have any ideas??
    Thanks in advance,
    Georgette

Thanks
    What are the printers at home and work?
    WebGenii Home Page