New Lounger
    Thanks
    I am new to Visual Studio and got the warning "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I try to run a report that has a subreport. Anyone have any idea which direction I should go to solve this problem.
    Thanks
    CKnoll

New Lounger
    Thanks
    you may need to set the login info for the sub-report tables

Each sub-report must have the server/DB security set in the same way as for the main report

Scan each main report section for a sub-report object then set the options against that
    Chris

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Chris
    I am very new to Visual Studio, how do I do this?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    There's a good example at http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/4029

In essence what is needed is that you have to tell the report where the data is and the security required to get at it.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't automatically cascade down to any embedded sub-reports, so you have to find them and apply the same parameters.
    That is, you iterate through the sections in the main report and hunt for sub-report objects then treat them as per the main report and apply the data & security.

The reason for all this is so that the report is then genuinely portable - otherwise what you find is that the report is locked to the data location and security of the development machine & your end-users can't run it.
    Chris