Lounger
    Thanks

Smart Tags (Word 2002)

When typing a name from Outlook 2002 Contacts in Word 2002, a "squiggle" should appear under the name indicating there is a smart tag with a variety of options such as completing the address or scheduling a meeting. All options for smart tags are enabled in Options and Autocorrect. This particular smart tag will not appear. Other smart tags (such as "paste options") will work. Can someone suggest a fix?? I checked every Knowledge Base article and can't find anything.

sjobrien

Re: Smart Tags (Word 2002)

Does it work for any other names in your address book? Word has to believe it's a name before it will attempt to look it up and place the smart tag. I know some names simply won't be recognized as such even though they exist in Outlook, possibly because they exist in Word's dictionary. For instance, add River Phoenix as a contact to Outlook and Word will never make the link.
    Hope that helps,
    Stephen.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Smart Tags (Word 2002)

It seems like the Outlook Contacts may not get a Smart Tag until they are actually e-mailed. (but if you have the Person names checked they should be showing tags anyway -- Autocorrect Options, Smart Tags).

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Smart Tags (Word 2002) RESOLVED

Thanks. As it turns out, I found a Knowledge Base article that addressed this problem (Q305511 - Smart Tag Indicators Do Not Appear or Work as Expected in Your Document). I had to delete two registry keys and reinstall Office XP to make this work.
    Judith