New Lounger
    Thanks
    Since I installed today's 11/01/2011 update from Microsoft on my Windows 7 Home Premium 64x system my icons on my desktop keep looking as if I hit Auto Arrange but it is unchecked. Fortunately I have a system installed that lets me put them back with a couple of clicks but it is really annoying to find them rearranged every time I run a program.

Anybody else had this problem and is there a fix?

Thanks
    I have it happen on occasion.
    I think it's just one of those things thought up by Microsoft just to antagonize us...

I use Iconoid but recently I started using Stardock Fences and I like that and it's free.
    I can arrange my icons in groups of whatever I like and keep them all organized..
    "If You Are Reading This In English, Thank A VET"

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Stardock Fences has a free version and a Pro version ($). I find it to be a great desktop utility for arranging icons (folders too). With a double-click on the desktop, you can make all your icons appear or disappear. Give it a try.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Monroe View Post
    Stardock Fences has a free version and a Pro version ($). I find it to be a great desktop utility for arranging icons (folders too). With a double-click on the desktop, you can make all your icons appear or disappear. Give it a try.
    I too am enjoying the free version of Fences. You create rectangles/squares on your desktop, give them group names, drag your desktop icons to each one and you suddenly have organized your desktop. It's great :-) I especially like hiding them all, giving me an unfettered view of my Monet landscape.
    Take a sad song and make it better