Star Lounger
    Thanks

can't see more than 6 appointments (Outlook 2000)

I'm using Outlook 2000's appointments to record bookings for various room lettings at school, however if I have the 1Day view I can only see a maximum of 6 appointments if they all start at the same time. If I go to the 7 Week view I can see more, but if my screen is set to 800x600 I still can't see all the appointments if they all start at the same time. The only way to display them easily, is to save the week as a web page. Any ideas about other options?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can't see more than 6 appointments (Outlook 2000)

Have you looked in the View menu at the other view options? You can also customize the view; would you be able to use the filter option some way?
    egghead

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

there is a limitation of 6 per time slot and 11-15 for all day events (depends on screen resolution)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

looks like it's not doing what I want I guess! I've tried various settings in the View options, but it seems limited like you suggest - thanks anyway.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Do you have to store all the room info. in one calendar folder? If not, you could make separate folders for each room; just be sure to set the "folder contains" type to appointments.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

I hadn't realised that you could have multiple calendars - obvious when someone points it out! This may well be a way to work around the problem, cheers.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Just as a matter of interest, we have a similar set up here, and our meeting rooms are actually set up as separate resources - then when someone is setting up a meeting, they actually 'invite' the room to the meeting. A handful of people have rights to the calendar and receive notification of requests for the rooms, so one of them will accept or decline (the notification tells you if it is available or not at that time). It seems like a good system here ...

HTH
    Beryl M

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thought I'd mention we ran into a memory problem when our meeting services people tried to open all 42 rooms calendars in separate windows. I don't know how many you can open before you bump into this.

What fixed it - and turned out to work better for them process-wize - was to put all the room accounts in the folder list, set up Outlook bar groups (by floor in this case, but other schemes might work better for you), and put shortcuts to the calendar folders in the appropriate groups.

There are also a bunch of group calendar add-ins (see slipstick.com) that might make this chore easier for you. I looked at several that seemed pretty cool, but can't recommend one from experience in production. I chose not to fight the battle of getting one approved for installation, but that's another story.