2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Excel Experts,

I Have a job slotting user guide that is in word format, which helps me slot job, however everytime i have to do that i have to read through the documents and the tables. I would like to automate that same in excel where i could use the drop down / list to narrow down the search.

I am attaching an excel to explain what exactly im trying to achieve. There are two options that im looking at and a sample is there on two sheets.

I have 4 business segments, which is mentioned in row 2.
    Under each of the business segments i have 6 job families (A49), fortunately all the business segment has the same 6 job families.
    Under each job families there are different grades/levels. some have 5 to 1 and some have 4 to 2. (E5:I9)

There are 4 factors (accountability/Complexity/Knowledge/Relationships) with varied description for each grade.

What im trying to achieve is to automate this info to look like a tool wherein.
    I have a drop down for Business Segment. On selecting the Business segment, I will get the list of Job Families. On selecting the job families, the relevant grades are populated. On selecting the relevant Grade the descriptor gets pouplated (this will depend on the grade).

Is there a way of doing this? Any inputs is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Baiju
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    Check out this link
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Cahtarine,

Thanks for sharing the link it has indeed been of great help, It has infact help me develop something that im actually looking for.

Regards
    Baiju