Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a formula in cell C3 on sheet "summary" =IF(C$1="","",INDEX(Sheet1!145:145,MATCH(C1,Sheet1 !1:1,FALSE))), which works fine for month 1, being Oct 2010

The data in cell C3 relates to Sheet1. The financial year runs from Oct to Sept. Where there in only one month i.e the beginning on the financial year, then Oct 201 must refer to Cell U145.

1) At the beginning of each month I activate a macro which inserts a new column where col W is (sheet1) and the data in col U is copied into col W. The current months data is then imported into col U
    2) In Sheet Summary, I need my formula amended so that when I type in the Month & Year in row 1, the formula will pull the data from the correct col from sheet1, for eg When there is only one month i.e Oct 2010, being the first month of the year , say for Unit sales, the data will refer to U145, however once the second months data is available, the Oct 2010 data for eg Unit sales will refer to W145 and the current month i.e Nov 2010, the formula must refer to U145 etc

I cannot however get the formula to work for Nov 2010 on sheet "summary"

Your assistance will be most appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    I managed to sort out the problem. I had Nov 2010 in U1 as well as I1

One I deleted I1, the formula gave me the correct answer