Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Outlook on Windows 7 and after I receive a message, or a number of emails, they all disappear. I have sent a number of emails to the laptop over several days, but I do not see them again, nor do I see several days of incoming emails. I do see a correct list of sent mail. What is going on?. I have another laptop also running on Windows 7 and Outlook on this performs quite normally.

I noticed a similar problem in the MS Outlook and I have tried to fix the problem based on the comments on this similar problem.

Any advice on the solution will be very welcome

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    What version of Outlook? Is it up-to-date with patches?

Have you checked your view settings so that you are not just seeing unread items?

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Joe,
    Outlook 2010 and I have gone through the view options - which seem to be rather complicated, but the missing emails do not appear

Regards

David Mills

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Do you have any rules defined?

Are you running any A/V software that might delete the email?

Joe
    Joe

Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Joe,
    No software running to hide or delete email, and no rules defined.

REGARDS DAVID MILLS

New Lounger
    Thanks

2 more possiblities.

1. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP), may prescreen your email for malware characteristics. Check to see if your ISP has a junk-mail folder that you can search for some of your missing emails. Otherwise, call your ISP support and ask them to do the same. If your emails have been misidentified as spam, you or the tech should be able to configure your ISP account to recognized them as "not junk." This has happened to me with ATT U-Verse internet service.

2. If your email is received by a company server, the problem could be a small TMZ attachment produced by Word 2007 and 2010 when it saves a file as a doc file rather than docx. TMZ attachments contain VBA script, which is trapped by some large servers. I learned this the hard way last fall when trying to send key documents to local schools for our food panty's annual holiday food drive.

Note: In both cases, you may not recieve mailer daemon notices that your email has been blocked.

Good luck.