Lounger
    Thanks
    I am running Outlook 2007 and I have encountered a blocking action, which refuses to send an email, but allows incoming mail. When I open up the receive function Outlook immediately starts trying to send three files which I have not created. It then moves on to accept incoming mail. The three files show up on the window, but at the halfway point on the send ribbon it freezes and no further action is taken. I have tried the repair option in Outlook, but without any success.

Some help would be most welcome to fix this annoying block.

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    This may be a corrupt message in the outbox. Try moving any mail in the outbox to drafts and test. Then move them back one at a time.

cheers, Paul

Thanks
    If you don't see anything in the Outbox, they could be read receipts. I forget how you flush those, but I think there have been past threads that reveal the secret.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Joe,

Outlook 2010 just installed on new laptop. No items found in the outbox, and two unknown files are always present when you select open mail. The system stops for a minute or more before the incoming mail is delivered. It is not possible to send any mail outbound.

Regards DAVID MILLS

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    I suspect you do not have the SMTP server set up correctly.

cheers, Paul

New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007/2010 and Exchange

There are more than a few of us experiencing issues with Outlook sending mail. There's quite the thread on MS TechNet stretching back to Dec 2006 here. I've been using OL2K7 for some time now and have multiple profiles. My POP/SMTP to GMail works flawlessly. However, my profile to our remote Exchange server (hosted by none other than MS themselves) is very problematic. Our IT guy and myself have been digging into it some (not as much as a couple of the posters who've been working with MS on the issue) and haven't really found anything that works. I've found that with OL2007 I can at least move the message to another folder (after I cancel the server request) and re-send it. With OL2010, it's move the message, shut down, re-open, re-send.

You didn't mention what you were connecting to, so maybe this is off topic for the issue. If so, I apologize and we'll try again with more feedback. If it by chance is SMTP, double check with your ISP as to the port they accept email through.