2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Team,

I am looking at having multiple drop down i.e. when i select one of the options from Col A, It should give the the list of items in the column B, on selecting on of the option in Col B, it should give the list of items relevant to that Col B items.

I have done something similar earlier by naming the ranges and then using INDIRECT formula in data validation. The challenge im faced here is that the Name should not have have spaces, however the content that i want in this list should be as mentioned in the attached sheet.

Do let me know if this is possible?. Any help of this is highly appreciated.

Thanks
    Baiju
    Attached Files Attached Files

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    On the micro-issue of cell contents which are not suitable to use directly as named Name Ranges, you can construct the Name from the cell contents as in this example which is from a Worksheet which does something similar, but not identical, to your challenge:

Code:
    INDIRECT("A."&$AG$2&"."&AH$3)
    This concatenation results in something like A.SURFACE.RED, which is the required Range Name, based on the cell contents in AG2 and AH3.

Take it from there.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi Martin,

Do you have the worksheet with the formula. I can have a look at it and then build over it.

Thanks
    Baiju

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, its both complex and confidential :-(

I was simply illustrating how to build an "acceptable" Name from "non-acceptable" elements, which was one of your challenges.