New Lounger
    Thanks
    My task bar is at the bottom of the screen. Pinned items are at the top of the jump lists. When there are many items in the "recent" part of the list, the pinned items are at the top of the screen. I use the pinned items often; that is why they are pinned. I must right click the task bar icon at the bottom of the screen, then click the pinned item at the top of the screen. Can I change the list so that pinned items are at the bottom, near where the list is opened? This should be the default, but I don't even see it as an option. In a similar way, it would be more helpful if the most recent items were also near the bottom of the list instead of the top.

Thanks
    Hello gruney, and welcome to the Lounge!

I personally know of no way to change the order of the recently opened and pinned files in the jump lists. However, recently opened files can be eliminated from the jump lists entirely. To do so, right click the start orb, click Properties, and remove the check in the second box under Privacy on the Start Menu tab. The description of the second check box is Store and display recently opened items in the Start menu and the taskbar.

The results of removing the check mark in that second box is that only pinned items will be viewable. This of course places pinned items in the lowest point of the jump list. You can pin new files to a program icon on the taskbar by opening Windows Explorer, selecting and dragging the file name to the relevant icon, and it will be pinned. The downside is that this takes a little more time than when selecting a recently opened file within the jump list.

The default number of recently opened files that appear in the jump list is 12. If you find that reducing that number to say 2 or 3 is preferable, then you can leave the check in the second box under Privacy, and click on the Customize button instead. Look at the bottom of the Customize Start Menu page under Start menu size where you can select any number of recently opened items to show in the jump lists from 0 to 12.
    Hope this helps.
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill