2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just received my new Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium. I have two small questions that I hope someone can answer easily.

1. This PC only has one user and one username. When I turn the computer on, the first screen is a screen that says “Locked” with the username, even though I have no password assigned. Tapping on the touchpad causes the desktop to appear. Is there any way I can make the system skip showing the Username - Locked screen and go straight to the desktop display?

2. The functions keys on Windows 7 are reversed from Windows XP and I prefer the XP arrangement. For example, when I highlight a filename on my XP system and press F2, then I can rename the file. When I highlight a filename on my new Windows 7 system and press F2, then I turn off the WiFi radio. I have to press Fn-F2 on my Windows 7 system to rename the file. Same problem on all the other Function Keys and also within MS Word. Is there anything I can do to make the function keys work like they did on XP?

Thanks for any response to what I hope are easy questions.

Thanks
    Here's a link that I know will be most help full;How to Geek
    Happy surfing...
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Hi,

On issue #1, maybe this can help: http://www.windows7news.com/2009/02/...nto-windows-7/

On issue #2, maybe this one can help: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...1&#entry871468

Regards

Rui
    Rui
    -------
    R4

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much for the help !! Both answers are great !!

1. On Windows 7, go to Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Power Options - System Settings to change power on/off/hibernate behavior.

2. On my Dell Inspiron N5010/15R, press F2 at power up, then Advanced-Function Key behavior - Function Key and Function Keys again work normally.

Thanks so much again !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Glad it all worked out .
    Rui
    -------
    R4