Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Apologies if this is a repeat. 15 pages of 'New Posts' with last entry dated 21st Jan 2011

Attachment 27289
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    Roderunner,
    I'm up to date; my post is just before yours; ?can you see this post?? (That's like asking, "Can you hear me??" - The answer is always, "Yes.")

Zig

Thanks
    You're right Norris, I am always being logged out also...
    Sometimes I'm logged min for a few hours, other times a few minutes..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    15 pages of 'New Posts' with last entry dated 21st Jan 2011
    I only have 7 pages...

I suspect your "old" "new" posts are on boards you never visit (and so which you have not marked all read). They are new to you.

I don't know whether this is a good system. However, compared with some other vBulletin sites, I'd rather have it work the way it works here now. On those other sites, I miss posts because all posts up to the date of my last visit date are marked read on all boards, whether I saw them or not. Choosing which is better/worse, I think what we have now is less annoying.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    I only have 7 pages...

I suspect your "old" "new" posts are on boards you never visit (and so which you have not marked all read). They are new to you.

I don't know whether this is a good system. However, compared with some other vBulletin sites, I'd rather have it work the way it works here now. On those other sites, I miss posts because all posts up to the date of my last visit date are marked read on all boards, whether I saw them or not. Choosing which is better/worse, I think what we have now is less annoying.
    Thanks jscher200, I'm still learning about the new board, sometimes I use the new posts or last 24hrs from quick links to read the head lines as I know nothing aout many of the lounge topics, so only read certain ones but never mark them read.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zig View Post
    Roderunner,
    I'm up to date; my post is just before yours; ?can you see this post?? (That's like asking, "Can you hear me??" - The answer is always, "Yes.")

Zig
    NO i

Thanks

Image on an Image

My posted image has NOT been altered by me.

Attachment 27292

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    My posted image has NOT been altered by me.
    This problem on the FAQ => Forum Rules has been mentioned somewhere before, so hopefully it is on the list of things to fix.

(And kudos to anyone who reads the rules!)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    (And kudos to anyone who reads the rules!)
    I have but unable to explain as your inbox is full.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I wanted to post some feedback about the Google Desktop recommendation in the "Windows Ease of Access settings can go awry" article in issue 275 of Windows Secrets, but once I worked my way through the maze of getting and setting a new password (yes, the upgrade lost my old password), my Posting permissions said "You may NOT post new threads" and "You may Not post replies."

I really feel that there should be a simple, direct way of sending feedback on an article. At the moment, I don't seem to be able to tell you why Google Desktop ruined my Thinderbird settings and won't give me any more hits than 10 on anything I search for. I would like to post my experience in a place where it might be appropriate, but clearly this thread isn't it.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    I wanted to post some feedback about the Google Desktop recommendation in the "Windows Ease of Access settings can go awry" article in issue 275 of Windows Secrets, but once I worked my way through the maze of getting and setting a new password (yes, the upgrade lost my old password), my Posting permissions said "You may NOT post new threads" and "You may Not post replies."
    The administrators are still working out how to integrate newsletter feedback into the forum.

If you were starting from scratch, you might post under "non-Microsoft mail clients" or under the "Other software". I don't use Google Desktop, so if a different forum seems more applicable, go for it.

3 Star Lounger
    Sydney, Australia, New South Wales, Australia
    Thanks
    One feature that is on other forums but not here is the ability to mark the original question as 'answered'.
    Then one could filter to show just the un-answered posts and go and answer them.
    Note a 'reply' doesn't necessarily equate to 'answered'.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by peterl View Post
    One feature that is on other forums but not here is the ability to mark the original question as 'answered'.
    I don't know about filtering, but someone has written an add-on to insert [SOLVED] in the subject lines for problems the original poster believes were solved. Mark Threads As "Solved" - vBulletin.org Forum. That at least would provide for easier scanning on the thread list.

I don't know whether the Lounge software, as customized, is compatible with that add-on, so if it can't be done, sorry!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    First time I tried to post since signing up some time ago. Tried to start a thread re:threat to common ".dll" files article and when I downloaded the DLLHijackAuditKit files, Microsoft Security Essentials says there is a trojan:Win32/Swrort.A in them. It kept cleaning the whole file out even after I had started the audit program which of course stopped it dead in its tracks. Should I be worried?

Oh yeah, why can't I start a new thread?
    Must be time to upgrade my Vendex XT PC . . .

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    It may be a matter of which forum you tried to start the thread in. I believe the Windows Secrets Columns forum is limited so that only Admins can start threads there. If you topic is in response to a specific article, you should be able to reply to that article. If not, you should be able to start a new thread in one of the other Forums like 'Security & Backups'.

Gary

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary Frieder For This Useful Post:

73shark (2011-02-17)

Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast