Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Lounger
    Thanks
    How come I can't post a new thread for Windows. Message issued to the effect: "not accepting new posts".
    Thanks,
    Bill

Thanks
    Are you signed in? Perhaps the Lounge was down for maintenance. There was a announcement sometime in the last couple of days for this.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

3 Star Lounger Not Brightest Bulb's Avatar
    Thanks
    Got no gripes on anything and this has been one of the quickest answer/help forums I have seen, usually when asking a question on a lot of forums it may be a day to a week etc to get any kind of help. I just purchased a Windows 7/64 bit PC and all was new to me, had a few questions and I doubt if it was an hour before problems were solved. Please keep up the good work.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GraeagleBill View Post
    How come I can't post a new thread for Windows. Message issued to the effect: "not accepting new posts".
    Thanks,
    Bill
    You can only post within a forum. You cannot post within a category. If you have a question about a database, you would post in the database section. You could not post in the office application area because it is a category, and it only contains forums not threads.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I've got the date of birth problem too. Cant find any way of changing it. I imagine Woody's ferrets are on it?

Thanks
    There actually isn't any way to change date of birth. It can be filled out when a user account is created, but there is no means to change it after that... Typically birth date doesn't change for people!

You can PM me your birthday however, and I can set it in your account options for you.
    Matt Bidinger

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,162 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    There actually isn't any way to change date of birth. It can be filled out when a user account is created, but there is no means to change it after that... Typically birth date doesn't change for people!
    Yeah, but if a mistake is made, there is no way to correct it. If you trust people once, why not trust them always?

Thanks
    Why not trust them always? Because people are crazy of course! They do things like get their own birthdays wrong sometimes.

Seriously though, a birth date that was input wrong can be corrected by any member of staff (mod or admin), if you just let them know.
    Matt Bidinger

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    If you're trying to sign in, and the new Lounge won't accept your username/password, you've hit a snag in the upgrade.

Apologies all over. But we knew a small percentage of folks would get stung.

The problem originates with our new board software, vBulletin. It allowed us to bring across almost all of the username/password combos from the old Lounge. But if you're one of the unlucky few, you won't be able to sign in using your old password.

The solution? Click the "Forgot Password" link. You'll be prompted for your username - which is still there, trust me. But then you'll get an email which allows you to set your password.

Sorry. It's a technical snag that didn't have a good solution. So we opted to run a few of you through the Lost Password maze. When you get into the new Lounge, I hope you think it's worth the bump!

I was one of them. I had to go thru the reset password routine. But, Got it fixed.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As your article on your artilce of July 14, 2011 "win 7's no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall is geat and I found It also helps to repair or get rid of virus especially when you cannot restore to an earlier time or when you cannot start your antivirus nor can you start your computer in safe mode therefore such as your article all you have to do is install the Win7 DVD and automatically your computer will start in safe mode, then it's simple you can now start you antivirus and get rid of the pesky virus. Works for me. Thanks for this and many other artilce I use this as a form of education. Calude

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by calude View Post
    As your article on your artilce of July 14, 2011 "win 7's no-reformat, nondestructive reinstall is geat and I found It also helps to repair or get rid of virus especially when you cannot restore to an earlier time or when you cannot start your antivirus nor can you start your computer in safe mode therefore such as your article all you have to do is install the Win7 DVD and automatically your computer will start in safe mode, then it's simple you can now start you antivirus and get rid of the pesky virus. Works for me. Thanks for this and many other artilce I use this as a form of education. Calude
    Hi calude, Welcome to the Lounge.
    p.s. you should have posted here http://windowssecrets.com/forums/for...ecrets-Columns
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been in and around the lounge for a long time even if I havent used and contributed to it often. I have always been very grateful for the advice received and said so. in the threads.

I was surprised therefore to see that I have 200+ posts and zero thanks registered against (for?) me. Then, as I cruised the new site (not altogether comfortable with the changes) I saw more and more contributors with many posts and no thanks.

Is there some change of process lurking here, and is it that the old world migrated without the ability to populate it? I have usualy said some thoughtful thanks in context in my final post in a thread and am not really comfortable if we are now ticking some box and stimulating comments on screen such as the one just above where I am typing "The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxx For This Useful Post:" To what are we being reduced...

Mike C

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
    I have been in and around the lounge for a long time even if I havent used and contributed to it often. I have always been very grateful for the advice received and said so. in the threads.

I was surprised therefore to see that I have 200+ posts and zero thanks registered against (for?) me. Then, as I cruised the new site (not altogether comfortable with the changes) I saw more and more contributors with many posts and no thanks.

Is there some change of process lurking here, and is it that the old world migrated without the ability to populate it? I have usualy said some thoughtful thanks in context in my final post in a thread and am not really comfortable if we are now ticking some box and stimulating comments on screen such as the one just above where I am typing "The Following User Says Thank You to xxxxx For This Useful Post:" To what are we being reduced...

Mike C
    "Thanks" are a feature of the new Lounge software. See the "Thanks" button at the bottom left of each post. I don't believe anyone here is trying to rack up a huge "Thanks" count. A post saying thanks is still appropriate. Do whichever you like.

Joe

Thanks
    Woody,

I thank you for all of the help throughout the years. I started with, and still have, "The Hacker's Guide to Word for Windows."

David Garnett (Fuzzman)

New Lounger
    Thanks

What happenned to [SPOILER] tags ?

I've used the search facility and cannot find any other post asking this question. Since the change of board software, the
    BBcode facility no longer works. So old posts which previously had spoilers in them do not function as originally intended, nor do new ones. Am I missing something, is this known about, is something in progress to rectify it ? Is there some other way of creating the same effect ?
    It certainly would help in the puzzles section of the forum.

Thank you.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast