Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Inserting links is nice but also annoying. I like to check that I've posted the correct link, but there is no easy way to check and I can't see a way to edit the link. I tried the advanced editor as well - it lets you remove a link, sort of. Hover over the D in the word EDIT for weirdness.

cheers, Paul

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hi Mat,

Thanks for being here to field questions. I noticed that the images in your reply are posted as links, rather than inline in the post. Is there any way to post images inline? - that's a feature which was available on all of the previous iterations of the Lounge, and is a really valuable help to comprehending the conversation - frankly, it would be a step backward to lose that option.

Thanks,
    Gary

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I've looked but can't seem to find a way to change the "skin" of the site. The current color scheme is hard on the eyes and I'd love to change it to something darker. Any options on doing this?

iNET Interactive
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Frieder View Post
    Hi Mat,

Thanks for being here to field questions. I noticed that the images in your reply are posted as links, rather than inline in the post. Is there any way to post images inline? - that's a feature which was available on all of the previous iterations of the Lounge, and is a really valuable help to comprehending the conversation - frankly, it would be a step backward to lose that option.

Thanks,
    Gary
    Hey Gary,

It's absolutely my pleasure to help out around here! Regarding your question about inline attachments vBulletin has a similar feature to IPB (the former forum software). When you create a new post (or Go Advanced) there is an icon with a paper clip (not Clippit!) with two arrows next to it. If there is not already an attachment in the post a pop-up window will trigger asking you to upload a file. If there is already an attachment in your post then a drop down will appear with a list of attached files; selecting one of these files will input special BBcode where your cursor is located.
    ss.jpg
    The BBcode would appear like: [ATTACH]ATTACHMENT_ID[/ATTACH]

iNET Interactive
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rlindsay View Post
    I've looked but can't seem to find a way to change the "skin" of the site. The current color scheme is hard on the eyes and I'd love to change it to something darker. Any options on doing this?
    At this time there is only a single style available for the lounge. But we will certainly record your input regarding a darker style. Thank you for the feedback!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul T View Post
    Inserting links is nice but also annoying. I like to check that I've posted the correct link, but there is no easy way to check and I can't see a way to edit the link. I tried the advanced editor as well - it lets you remove a link, sort of. Hover over the E in the word EDIT for weirdness.

cheers, Paul
    I changed my Message Editor settings to the Standard Editor from Advanced and it fixed the annoyances I was having, seems to work just as most other forums based on vBulletin now (and I can see the full contents of your quoted post, tags, links, mistakes and all ).

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satrow For This Useful Post:

northwood2222 (2011-02-08),Paul T (2011-01-20)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,139 Times in 1,050 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat Sumpter View Post
    Hey Gary,

It's absolutely my pleasure to help out around here! Regarding your question about inline attachments vBulletin has a similar feature to IPB (the former forum software). When you create a new post (or Go Advanced) there is an icon with a paper clip (not Clippit!) with two arrows next to it. If there is not already an attachment in the post a pop-up window will trigger asking you to upload a file. If there is already an attachment in your post then a drop down will appear with a list of attached files; selecting one of these files will input special BBcode where your cursor is located.
    ss.jpg
    The BBcode would appear like: [ATTACH]ATTACHMENT_ID[/ATTACH]
    Sorry, that doesn't happen with the rest of us mere mortals. If I use that, a link appears instead. Here is an example:

Captureavatar.JPG

If you quote my reply, you will see that I used the BBcode you just used.

Thanks
    My signature is fouled up, and I can't edit it.
    Create a new drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"Let them that don't want it have memories of not gettin' any." "Gratitude is riches and complaint is poverty and the worst I ever had was wonderful." Brother Dave Gardner "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else." Sir Thomas Robert Deware. "The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?" Captain Jack Sparrow.
    Unleash Windows

Thanks
    Since this seems to be the thread which gets looked at by those who make alterations to the customisation of vBulletin, please may I repeat my comment about requesting that

Times should be displayed in the standard 24-hour format!
    Dates are in one of the logical and standard formats: yyyy-mm-dd.
    Please can we have times also in the standard 24-hour format, hh:mm

When the previous version of the Lounge first started up, we went through a long discussion about the display of dates and times, and settled on yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm as the standard date and time format, following International standard ISO 8601.

Additionally, it was decided to dispense with the attributions "Yesterday" and "Today", and simply give the date/time in the above format.

For those who care about standards-based computing, the date and time format is important!
    BATcher

If it wasn't for the weather, Great Britain would be a silent nation.

Thanks
    bbearren,
    I found a way to edit things. Upper right hand corner of Lounge window, Settings link. See if this works for you as well
    Last edited by Medico; 2011-01-19 at 04:40.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tedshemyers View Post
    bbearren,
    I found a way to edit things. Upper right hand corner of Lounge window, Settings link. See if this works for you as well
    Hi Ted, did you change your user name or is it the new board.? I have noticed this in others also.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhutchison View Post
    I have been trying this, and got it to work this way.
    Type the text I want displayed, select it, then click the Insert Link button and enter the URL.

eg Google

What did not work for me was displaying images. When I use the Insert Image button, I see the name of the image file, rather than the image itself.
    Attachment 27121
    Thanks, I'll try that
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Hi Ted, did you change your user name or is it the new board.? I have noticed this in others also.
    No, I did not make the change. I have posted a question abiut this
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks

By Roderunner

Quote Originally Posted by tedshemyers View Post
    No, I did not make the change. I have posted a question abiut this
    Just another bug!

Attachment 27167