Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperez View Post
    Is this different from the old site?

Joe
    Yes Joe, they were. Look at Eileen's Lounge home page.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I am able to sign in, did so, entered a long post, but when I clicked POST it said I was NOT signed in -- even tho the top right hand corner showed I was signed in. I think there are a lotta quirks to be ironed out.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Tried to log in yesterday, lost count how many times. Tried the recover password/user name option a dozen times but Captcha just wouldn't have it. Knew I had the right password as Revia sent me an email back on 2nd Dec.

I'm no novice, does Woody remember writing Office XP Special Issue 30th May 2001? I have it. Captcha I meet regularly, never had a problem before. Anyway, I'm here now.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Yes Joe, they were. Look at Eileen's Lounge home page.
    What is at Eileen's Lounge home page is not relevant. It is based on entirely different software and its Admins can title things as they wish. I meant the immediately prior incarnation of this Lounge.

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthebear View Post
    I am able to sign in, did so, entered a long post, but when I clicked POST it said I was NOT signed in -- even tho the top right hand corner showed I was signed in.
    Bob, sorry about that, I know how irritating that is if you can't get that text back. There is another thread about this issue. One workaround may be to use the Go Advanced editor right away. Another may involve your cookie settings. See: Reply to post error continues to be a problem @ Windows Secrets Lounge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    I am finding it so difficult to distinguish the various delicately pastel-shaded envelopes with their too-subtly coded sub-icons (beside each thread), to stay logged-in and to find what's new, what I have read already and so on that I'm probably giving up on these forums.
    It's probably going to take some time to get new "skins" (style sheet options) for the Lounge. Until then, there are some hacks for making forums with unread message more visible. For example, see post #787064.

As for why forums you're read are not marked read when you return to the index, that is still being researched.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    Why has this happened ?
    The title for the Lounge index --

<title>Microsoft Windows Updates, Patches & Security Help for XP, Vista, 7 Internet Explorer from the Windows Secrets Newsletter</title>

-- appears to have been copied from the ultimate windowssecrets.com home page. Probably makes sense to make it a bit more Lounge-specific, but I don't think it will be an urgent change...

I think the former board had <title>Windows Secrets Lounge</title> judging from some Google search results.
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-01-30 at 16:20.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was not logged into the forum, when I saw a spreadsheet I wanted to download.
    I logged in and was able to download the spreadsheet.
    I could not get back to the forum, when I tried click on the click here button it just tried to download the spreadsheet again.
    I finally notice in a much smaller font the place to click to get back to the forum. I did not find that part intuitive or obvious. Perhaps the font could be a bit larger so people will notice it or perhaps change the colour of the "click here".

capri

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by al35763 View Post
    Now if I can just figure out how to get my password back to the old one ...
    To change your password, click on the Settings link in the top right navigation.

Click Edit Email & Password under the My Settings tab in the left Column.

Fill out the form.

You will receive an email with instructions on updating your password. If you don't see the email in your Inbox, please check any Spam, Bulk or Junk type folders you may have.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grnorris View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted or not yet but, I noticed that when I view my post in my profile (to see what post I've made) the new lounge doesn't show who posted last in the thread. That was a very useful feature for me as I didn't have to navigate to the thread to see if anyone had replied.
    Are you talking about the view from your usercp (see attached)? You can see the Last Poster in the right column.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grnorris View Post
    I've also noticed that if I'm away for more than 10 minutes (I'm guessing I really don't know what the time is) that I get logged out. Still debating whether this is good or not, not sure if it's a security feature or a bug.
    When you log in, are you ticking the Remember Me box?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinM View Post
    I am finding it so difficult to distinguish the various delicately pastel-shaded envelopes ...
    Those should be updated real soon. I know it's on the plate and rolling this week. Just not sure it it'll be today or in a couple days.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    Are you talking about the view from your usercp (see attached)? You can see the Last Poster in the right column.
    No, I suppose that's a possible work around but I was talking about when you click your username to go to your profile and click "Find All Post". The old lounge showed your post (or whatever users profile your were on's post) as well as who posted most recently to that thread. I usually use the "Find All Post" button because I don't have to be subscribed to a thread and I don't have to be the one who made the thread.
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue View Post
    When you log in, are you ticking the Remember Me box?
    I'm not sure, probably not. It really shouldn't matter though as I don't tell it to log out or exit my browser.
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]

4 Star Lounger
    Hillsborough (San Francisco Bay area), California, USA
    Thanks
    Today (1/31/11), all threads are marked "unread" in the Backup section (even after invoking "mark all as read"), and all threads are marked "read" in the Win7 section. I AM signed in.

Zig

ADDENDUMB: I seem to have misread my icons; Never mind.
    Last edited by Zig; 2011-01-31 at 15:33.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast