New Lounger
    Thanks

Popup Disables Lounge

When I look at anything on the lounge while not logged in, a popup appears after a few seconds that says "Subscribe now / It's free". The popup does not respond to any clicks or other attempts to do anything with it, and the underlying page is also disabled. The only way to resume anything is to refresh the page. The popup does not appear after I log in, but it's almost impossible to log in during the few seconds before the popup appears, and refreshing restarts the login process. Is there any possibility that the lounge could be modified to be usable without logging in? If the popup is really necessary, could it be modified not to interfere with the process of logging in?

Thanks
    Ron, you might want to add an external pop-up blocker program, or, one that's within your favorite browser. My wild guess is that different browsers, along with individualized configurations, rend Windows Secrets Lounge differently.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,163 Times in 1,070 Posts
    I tried the Lounge while logged out and I cannot see any popup.
    I did it using Chrome, which is my default browser. Tried Firefox, no popups, either.
    In IE 11, I did get the popup, but there was an "X" at the top right corner which allowed me to close it without any further issues.
    Rui
    -------
    R4

Thanks
    I've been having the same problem. It started the other week but went away on its own. Just now it has returned again. It happens on my work computer and on my home computer and with different browsers. I discovered that if I click the close box (x), it doesn't reappear. But I do NOT like clicking on popup windows! And just now, I signed in (without clicking the close box) and the popup did not reappear. This is VERY irritating.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well it's about time I'm finally hearing some other complaints about this popup. I blocked it with Adblock Plus on Firefox, but it still comes up just once when I first go on the Lounge. Before that, it would pop up every time I changed sections, threads, and posts. Very, very annoying! I left a message about this almost a month ago and got no reply. When I logged in there was no problem, but just to peruse without logging in, next to impossible. This should be fixed!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    It's happened to me on a number of days also, not everyday but on random days over the last couple weeks. Today it's not a problem. I normally use Chrome to access the site and I haven't tried it with IE 11.
    As the OP said ( when it's "One of those days" ), you have to be quick to log in or your not going to be able to.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    To anyone affected by this annoyance: You should get a black circle in the upper right hand corner of the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" Popup. Clicking on it does no harm that I'm aware of. If you're one of the unlucky ones who doesn't get this, I've found that hitting the Escape key makes it go away. With me using Firefox 33.1.1 and the Adblock Plus plugin, the popup still makes one appearance when I bring up the Windows Secrets site. I click it off, and it stays off. The same thing happens when I use IE 9. I don't know were this is coming from or when it will be fixed, but hey, the guy in the little box at his laptop is all that is really necessary!

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You should get a black circle in the upper right hand corner of the "SUBSCRIBE NOW" Popup. Clicking on it does no harm that I'm aware of
    That statement is true BUT clicking on the black circle with the x does nothing. I haven't tried the escape key when it happens, I did refresh the page and put my sign in VERY QUICKLY to get by the problem.