New Lounger
    Thanks

Oct 23 Newsletter crashes Outlook 2013

Something in the new newsletter is crashing my Outlook 2013 (click to run version). Checked the previous newsletters and they open fine. Only running MSE for virus protection and the history doesn't show any thing blocked. Thoughts?
    Willie McClure
    www.datarim.com

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,159 Times in 1,067 Posts
    No problems reading it on my Outlook 2013.

Is it the latest version? Are there any add-ons that may cause it? Maybe try running Outlook in safe mode and see if it helps: http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner...-in-safe-mode/
    Rui
    -------
    R4

New Lounger
    Thanks
    My Outlook 2013 (Office 365) crashes also. I had to quickly move off it before the preview loads. I ended up deleting it and reading the issue online. Latest Outlook version and only active add-ins are MS Exchange and MS Junk email reporting.
    --
    Don

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just want to report that I have the same problem! What is going one here?

I can look at it via a webmail interface, but Outlook 2013 immediately crashes when I look at the latest newsletter.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I think the email sent was corrupted: It doesn't crash Outlook 2007, but it is double-length if you scroll down, with some garbage between copy 1 and copy 2.

("If your software garbles this newsletter, read this issue at WindowsSecrets.com.": Yeah, but what about if your software garbles it? )

Bruce

New Lounger
    Thanks

It crashed my outlook also

It crashes my Outlook 2013 on Windows 7 also. Took me a while to figure it was that particular email doing it. Is that what poodle does, use individual emails to crash applications? LOL