Net Neutrality is a major issue and has been brilliantly described by Woody. I thought that testing the White House's own web site for aggregating citizen comments might be a place to go to add my name to those who would like to have the President's views on the issue. Surprised was I to find that there was no pending petition. Well there is now.

Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 100,000 signatures by September 20, 2014, the White House will review it and respond! FYI: The FCC is supposed to discuss Net Neutrality on that same date.

'We the People' allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the Obama Administration to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the Obama Administration will issue an official response.

"You can view and sign the petition here:

"http://wh.gov/lS8LM

"Here's some more information about this petition:

"To make the Internet a public Utility under FCC and commit to a Federal program like Rural Electrification for it

No one can argue that the internet is essential to future well-being, innovation, safety, enjoyment, etc., etc. of just about every person, company, and organization in the USA and most of the rest of the world. We cannot give Internet Service Providers (ISPs) the right to choke the internet of those ISPs do not make an affirmative judgement to favor. In fact the internet in the US is the perfect example of what one would call a "Public Utility" and is ubiquitous. Hence FCC Tittle II status is called for. Plus, the Administration should make building a robust, open, world class speedy Internet its Rural Electrification and Interstate Highway Landmark work. The infrastructure should be via buried fiber optic cable to help protect it from storms and other disasters. EVERY school, library, 911, fire station, hospital needs wide & fast internet."

Thank you for your attention. Please sign up!