Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I have just attempted to open WS Lounge @ 1935hrs GMT and got 'Connection has timed out' x 3. I thought this was powered by Vbulletin, it would by better with Vtortoisein.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderunner View Post
    I have just attempted to open WS Lounge @ 1935hrs GMT and got 'Connection has timed out' x 3. I thought this was powered by Vbulletin, it would by better with Vtortoisein.
    The Admins are aware of various performance problems and are looking into them.

Joe

Thanks
    I agree that the Quick Reply box is slow to post, and often times out. This needs to be fixed.

The Advanced Editor and the Edit Post boxes work just fine.
    -- Bob Primak --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Woody, great info on this site, thank you. However, the performance of the site is very poor, though I've a high speed connection. also, i performed a search using the advanced options, entered "VBA API 2010" sans quotes, and only the final "2010" term is searched for as a keyword. hints on either?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brrrknee View Post
    also, i performed a search using the advanced options, entered "VBA API 2010" sans quotes, and only the final "2010" term is searched for as a keyword. hints on either?
    For a search of either VBA or API alone, I get: "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search". So... that would explain it, but it's unfortunate.

Thanks

Exclamation Bug Update/again

On replying to a post, after opening WSL and doing no other actions I got this:-

Attachment 27547

I closed my browser without attempting any action in WSL and my reply was added to the topic.
    George's PC Specs. / Laptop. Desktop.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    This is the third time I have tried and the web page wipes out my answer every time although it accepts my log in. I will try lying to it as Woody suggests.

THIS time it took before it just deleted my text and told me to log in again once on the quick reply and once on the full editor.
    Last edited by dolmanpete; 2011-03-12 at 18:57. Reason: Stunned surprise

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jscher2000 View Post
    For a search of either VBA or API alone, I get: "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search". So... that would explain it, but it's unfortunate.
    We can add certain words as exceptions to the normal character requirement for search... 3 letter search can be VERY intensive so its disabled by default in vbulletin. Words like "the" or "and" shouldn't be included, but VBA and API are obvious ones that are important to this community.

Please add any suggestions to the list here and we'll get them enabled in search:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/sho...788#post795788

Quote Originally Posted by dolmanpete View Post
    This is the third time I have tried and the web page wipes out my answer every time although it accepts my log in. I will try lying to it as Woody suggests.

THIS time it took before it just deleted my text and told me to log in again once on the quick reply and once on the full editor.
    This issue has been reported in multiple places, and we are investigating it currently.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    geez hard to believe we are computer people here.. was there no testing done before making such a big switch/?? and I thought all the knuckle draggers in IT worked for banks!! this is embarrassing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Canamjay View Post
    geez hard to believe we are computer people here.. was there no testing done before making such a big switch/?? and I thought all the knuckle draggers in IT worked for banks!! this is embarrassing.
    Your feedback is noted.

There was testing done, however you may not fully appreciate the scale of the changes. Migrating DBs and Forum software means there is not a direct translation between new and old... Hence there are some problems we must address as they propagate.

If you have any specific concerns, please share them.
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Got stung repeatedly. Knew I should have waited for a usable system.
    I have never been able to see how a thirty-year-old moron can vote more wisely than a fifteen-year-old genius.
    -- Robert Heinlein Starship Troopers --

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dead right there mate.
    I have never been able to see how a thirty-year-old moron can vote more wisely than a fifteen-year-old genius.
    -- Robert Heinlein Starship Troopers --

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Woody,

In Microsoft's Community Discussion Group I get an email with a link when someone responds to my post. It would be great if the Lounge would do this as well.

Probably someone has already mentioned this but there is too much above to read it all.

I really enjoy the humor you have included in your articles for the past many years.

Thanks,

Norman

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by norm73 View Post
    In Microsoft's Community Discussion Group I get an email with a link when someone responds to my post. It would be great if the Lounge would do this as well.
    You can set notification preferences for each thread you post in. If you are composing a reply, choose "Go Advanced" to get the full range of "Additional Options". (I don't use notification, so I don't know whether all of the options actually work smoothly...)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Good advice jscher2000. You can also set your subscription settings globally here:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/pro...do=editoptions

Change the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" on that page, and it will take effect for any thread you start or reply to automatically. The options you can select are to be notified once a week, once a day, instantly, or through your control panel only. I use "Control Panel Only" on all forums I visit, that way I don't get any more email than I do already. Then whenever I have time to catch up on my forum reading, I go here to see which threads have been updated or if I've received an Private Messages:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/usercp.php

If you select a default subscription mode for all threads, you still have the option to choose different settings for specific threads by going to "thread tools" at the top of a thread. Some threads I get notified instantly via email if someone replies. Other threads I get around to checking when I have time and I go to the UserCP.

You can obtain more information about forum subscription options by viewing this page in the FAQ:
    http://windowssecrets.com/forums/faq..._subscriptions
    Matt Bidinger
    Online Community Engagement

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast