New Lounger
    Thanks

COM surrogate Windows 7 & FireFox

I've switched from IE to FireFox. Now I'm getting an error message "COM surrogate has stopped working" when I am downloading pictures. I use Windows 7.
    PS I'm really not all that accomplished a user, so if you answer this, please use small words

Thanks
    Use IE to download the same pictures to see if the same COM error message comes up. If it does not, you might disable all the add-ons in Firefox, try the picture download again to see if the error comes up. Enable one add-on and test the download again. Add the next add-on, and repeat the test until all add-ons are enabled. This will help identify the add-on responsible for the error, if it is a Firefox add-on.

Do you have a DivX codec on your computer. If so, install the latest version. If you use Nero, try uninstalling it to see if that provides relief. If it does, and you really like Nero, try the most recent Nero release or upgrade.

If the above does not help, you might try identifying the manufacturer of your network adapter, go to their support site to download and install the latest driver for the network adapter. Be sure you obtain the latest driver for your specific version (32 bit or 64 bit) of Windows 7.
    Last edited by Deadeye81; 2011-01-19 at 16:47. Reason: other possibility
    Deadeye81

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jobti View Post
    I'm getting an error message "COM surrogate has stopped working" when I am downloading pictures.
    Does it affect one particular site, or all images on the web? The better we can understand what the site is trying to do, the more we can drill down on the cause of the problem.