Thanks

Transfering settings without Easy Transfer

I'd like to export settings from Word 2007 on XP 32 to Word 2007 on Win 7 64. Windows Easy Transfer will not run on my XP machine, but crashes (a message like the program cannot complete and must close). I was trying to export to a thumb drive. Is there a manual way to migrate my macros and preferences to the new system? Same for Outlook and Access, though I realize I'm in the Word section. Thanks!
    JimmyW
    Helena, MT

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy-W View Post
    I'd like to export settings from Word 2007 on XP 32 to Word 2007 on Win 7 64. Windows Easy Transfer will not run on my XP machine, but crashes (a message like the program cannot complete and must close). I was trying to export to a thumb drive. Is there a manual way to migrate my macros and preferences to the new system?
    For Word, some of your settings and all of your macros are stored in templates. Most of these probably are in your user templates folder but some may be in Word's startup folder or elsewhere. Definitely grab these, usually:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates
    %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Word\Startup

The settings in the registry probably are more difficult to transfer manually. Hopefully someone knows how to make Easy Transfer or FAST work for you.

For Outlook, your VbaProject.otm file contains your macros. Other settings probably are in the registry.

For Access... no idea.