New Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2007 Printing single record using report

We have a database I am building that lists all jobs we have received for clients to view. They can query by Job Title or Location. I want to put a button on report so that a single job can be printed. On print properties window print current record is greyed out.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lockwoodbf View Post
    We have a database I am building that lists all jobs we have received for clients to view. They can query by Job Title or Location. I want to put a button on report so that a single job can be printed. On print properties window print current record is greyed out.
    The "Print Current Record" merely prints the screen. this is seldom what you want. You should create a report the shows the job information like you want it printed. You then add a Command button to the screen with a caption of "Print Job". It calls this report you created, specifying the job. Something like this:

docmd.OpenReport "rptJobs",view:=acViewNormal,wherecondition:="JobI D=" & txtJobID

I made a bunch of assumptions: rptJobs is your report, JobID is the job identifier, and txtJobID is a control on your form containing the job you want to look for.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.