OK, this can't be the first time anyone has had this idea, but I can't seem to find it mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd try this forum.

I want to be able to create a template that does the following: When an instance of the template is launched, it contains, within Onenote, for example, a Word folder with preset sub-folders, and Excel folder, and an Outlook instance with preset color coding for every member of a team. When the template is then saved as an actual named page or instance, all of the other Office tools set within the template are now linked through that unique name. I want to be able to do this without having to re-create the same links every time I set up a new case or project .

I hope the question is clear, if not, let me know, and I'll deepen it a bit more. It just seems to me that given all the various components within Office, there should be a more automated option to link the various products of all of these tools, without having to replicate the process every time. Besides, this way, everyone in the office would always have to use the same template for every part of the case or project, instead of each person making their own custom version that others can't follow, and that often causes work to be missed because everyone isn't on the same "page" as it were.

Anyone?