New Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint 97/Office 2000 (97/2000)

I have a laptop that came with Office 2000 Small Business installed. I need to use Powerpoint and have Office 97 Professional that includes Powerpoint. Is it possible to install Powerpoint 97 without messing up Office 2000. If so, do I need to take any special precautions like, for instance, installing Powerpoint in a different directory?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powerpoint 97/Office 2000 (97/2000)

I had PP97 on a PC and installed PP2000 "beside it" to continue to use certain features in 97. However 2K overwrites various controls, etc. and those features were lost anyhow. If that would hold true, you could really hose 2k if 97 overwrites those same controls.

What I said above is that I really don't have an answer for you, but I wouldn't do it!!!1

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Powerpoint 97/Office 2000 (97/2000)

When I tried this, I discovered that it was a lovely way to mess up the registry; however, I didn't read the instructions first. <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q210/3/91.ASP>Q210391</A> has Microsoft's instructions. Let us know if you suceed. Caveat emptor. --Sam
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">Sam Barrett, CACI </font face=comic>
    <small>And the things that you have heard... commit these to faithful men who will be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2</small>