Thanks

Moving to South America

Ecuador, to be exact. I'm in the market for a new Netbook. Am I correct in assuming that the language on the Netbook will be in Spanish if I wait to purchase it in S.A.

Thanks
    Hello, would you be purchasing Win 7 32 or 64 bit? I remember setting up my Toshiba Win 7 Pro 32-bit and having it ask me default language and I purchased it here in the States. Are you going sight-seeing? I spent considerable time in Paraguay and Brazil :-) (prior to computers--we relied on Ham radio operators patching us to "home."
    Take a sad song and make it better

Thanks
    I think it would also depend on what your mission there is. If you are retiring, sight-seeing, teaching, wishing to learn the local dialects, then it might stand you in good stead to go with Spanish since that is the local language--but English is spoken so much by all the influx of touristas.

Have you taken Spanish? Do you have a handle on it to be able to converse and live comfortably among the Quechua etc.? I remember helping a friend whose laptop was in Spanish and since I had a good handle on Spanish and Guarani, I was able to translate for her. It just depends on what you hope to gain or experience.
    Take a sad song and make it better