Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Question Help with Flash Purchase

Can a Lounger help with a puzzling issue re. Flash. We ordered a Flash template for an online course we are creating, and thought we could use the template without the Flash program. We now discover that we need Flash even to just input items into the template, even though we don't want to change any of the Flash code.

I checked Adobe.com and found that Flash Pro CS5 is very expensive ($699). Since we only want to access the template to input questions, does anyone know if there is a less expensive Flash program that would allow us to do so? Or is this a Woody's type question at all?

I am totally new to Flash in terms of ever having or using the program. I do know what it does, but not very much about all the confusing number of programs, etc.

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed!

WS Lounge VIP
    Thanks
    Flash creation requires a Flash creator.
    There are lots of free versions, but they may not be compatible with your template.

cheers, Paul

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, Paul. Hadn't realized that there would be free versions, but understand your caution re. template compatibility. Likely better to search out best place to purchase CS5 Pro version as inexpensively as possible, while not compromising quality/reliability/copyright ... Any suggestions on where to look or do I just Google "where to buy CS5 most inexpensively"?

Appreciated your quick response: thanks!

Linda

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There are some nice deals on CS5 for students or teachers.

Thanks
    You might be able to accomplish a lot with a 30-day trial of the Adobe product. Assuming they don't insert embarrassing "I didn't pay yet!" watermarks on your presentation.

Link to trial download: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/i...&promoid=FDTFP (OMG, 860MB)
    Last edited by jscher2000; 2011-01-24 at 18:01. Reason: Added link

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

IreneLinda (2011-01-24)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    You moderate this forum, too! Loved your advice and needed a chuckle after finding out I needed a program I didn't think I needed! Trial program is a great idea - thanks for the link. Also, if the template can do what we hope it can do, purchasing Flash at the end of the trial will be worth it!

Linda

Thanks
    Some trial programs don't allow you to save anything so make sure you can save it while using the trial and as jscher said, water marking can also be a problem.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Banyarola For This Useful Post:

IreneLinda (2011-01-25)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Aha! Good point. I'm going to download the trial today and see if it has save capability and/or watermark issues. Will post results here. If it makes the template we need work as we want it to, we'll bite the bullet (oops, not a politically correct way to express it!!) and order the program, despite its high (seems so to us) cost! Thanks.

Thanks
    Well, at least you didn't list any 'bullet' points...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Banyarola View Post
    Some trial programs don't allow you to save anything so make sure you can save it while using the trial and as jscher said, water marking can also be a problem.
    Saving should be no problem -- if you visit the link, it says "The trial version is fully functional and offers every feature of the product for you to test-drive."

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes, you're right. Thanks. I've now worked with the template in the Flash trial and it saves perfectly, runs and has no "you're illegitimate" watermarks! It's quite the program, but I sure wish it had the easy-to-access undo arrow that Microsoft Office has!