New Lounger
    Thanks

How 2 yahoo email accounts in Outlook 2010?

I have never used Outlook. I just bought MS Office Pro with Outlook 2010, in Windows 7 Pro. I have 3 email accounts: 1 Windows Live Mail with my MS website, which connected in Outlook 2010 with no problem. However, when I have tried to connect my 2 Yahoo email accounts, the connection fails. The Yahoo accounts show up, but nothing shows up in them.
    I am entirely new to this setup, so I don't know anything about what type of accounts the Yahoo accounts are; POP? SMTP? I don't even know what those terms stand for.
    When I tried to set them up, I first tried the auto account setup. I entered my name, email address, and password. I did not check the Text Messaging (SMS) button, or the Manually configure . . . button. I clicked next, and it tried to configure an encrypted connection, and said it was not available, and to click next to attempt using an unencrypted connection, which I did. Again it tried without success to configure the email server settings.
    So I checked the box to manually configure . . .
    I entered my name and email address. I don't know the account type, but POP3 was in the box. I'm not sure what they wanted for the incoming server and outgoing server boxes, but I entered "mail.yahoo.com" in each. Was that correct? I entered my user name, which I assume is the name I sign into the Yahoo account with, and my password. I did not check the Remember password box or the Require logon box. I clicked next.
    It tried to logon to the incoming mail server (POP3), and send a test message, and failed at both.
    So, I went back to the dialogue box, entered my password again, unchecked the Test account settings box, clicked next, was taken to the Finish dialogue, was told I had successfully entered all the information required to setup my account, clicked on Finish, and my email account showed up in Outlook, but with nothing in it.
    What am I doing wrong? How can I repair it, or set it up so it works?
    Thanks very much for any help you can give me.
    Ron

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are the Yahoo accounts paid or free? You can't access free accounts via Outlook. If they are paid, they most likely are POP3 and Outlook should be able to configure the accounts by itself and you should also have help within Yahoo Mail giving you the parameters for the account there.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to pjkarl For This Useful Post:

ronaldsauve (2011-01-28)

Thanks
    Phil is right. If you want to access your Yahoo mail through Outlook, you need a [paid-for] Yahoo Plus account.

The info etc. can be access here:

http://overview.mail.yahoo.com/enhancements/mailplus

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CWBillow For This Useful Post:

ronaldsauve (2011-01-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    As Chuck pointed out, you need to upgrade your Yahoo Mail accounts to Yahoo Mail Plus or Yahoo Business Mail to make this work. Complete, tested instructions for the entire process, from upgrading your accounts to completing the Yahoo Mail Outlook 2010 connection, can be found at:

http://living-with-outlook-2010.com/...10-connection/

Complete the process for each account and you should be golden.

--Bill

7. The Following User Says Thank You to wpmann01 For This Useful Post:

ronaldsauve (2011-01-28)

New Lounger
    Thanks
    So that's why! Oh well. Thanks very much, for clearing this up for me.
    Ron

New Lounger
    Thanks

sync yahoo with outlook

to sync your yahoo with your outlook, you have to add a new e-mail account in Outlook. So tap on ‘Add a new e-mail account’ under the Tool’s menu ‘Email Accounts.’ You must change your Outlook settings by clicking on ‘POP3’ option. Enter all the necessary details in the right boxes, like your full name and your Yahoo e-mail address. i found this blog that gave step by step info. check it out it might help with other q's as well

http://outlooksetting.com/outlook-se...nt-in-outlook/

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yahoo Pop

Some free Yahoo accounts do offer pop mail. Mine is free and I can pick up popmail. I think it might depend on when you set it up, which country etc.

Why not have a look at your mail settings on Yahoo to see if you can set pop mail?

As an alternative you could set up a fowarding arrangement to a new Gmail account which offers a lot more for free. That was free as well. I hope it is for you too. I have an iPhone and I wanted IMAP mail - something that Yahoo couldn't offer. So I just forward any old mail from Yahoo into my Gmail account. That way I don't have duplicated mail on both machines. If I delete an email on one then it goes from the other, and I can view sent mail on both as well.

Hope this helps.