New Lounger
    Thanks

Seven simple steps ... LastPass

I downloaded LastPass 32 bit installer. My Norton Internet Security "File Insight" found the download to be a threat and promptly removed it. Message is "Threat Details: Threat type: Insight Network Threat. There are many indications that this file is untrustworthy and therefore not safe". I'm running Windows XP SP3.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    I don't use Norton, but all ant-vir apps give you the ability to create "exception" or "ignore" rules. You may hafta dig around a little to find how to do it in Norton. Once you find where these settings are, do the following steps.
    1. Create and "exception" or "ignore" for the Last Pass installer file lastpass.exe.
    2. Re-download and install the Last Pass program. If you have created the exception/ignore rule in Norton correctly, it shouldn't yell atcha anymore and the install should complete without problems.
    3. Contact Norton and report a FALSE POSITIVE.

OR... Just wait a coupla days and retry. Chances are good that others have had the same false positive and reported it and the false detection will be removed by Norton in a daily definitions update.
    Happy Computing,

Rich

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I use both Lastpass and Norton and I had no issues installing. I run a 64 bit. Do you?? There are two versions, 32 and 64bit. I'm sure you noticed this but just thought I'd mention it.
    Norton can be a little fussy so I would do what lostwages recommends and create an exception which you will find by opening Norton, settings and then down to the Anti-Virus and Sonar exceptions. I've had to do this once or twice as well.

Thanks
    Download the LastPass file and save to your dektop, disconect from the web, disable Norton, Install Last Pass (available in both 32 Bit and 64 Bit Installed separately), then enable Norton and reconnect to set up Last Pass
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy