4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unable to send to distribution list (OLK07)

For reasons I don't understand one of our users can no longer send email to all of the distribution lists except the one she is a member of. This mailbox use to have this ability. Everyone else in the domain can send email to various different distribution lists even though they aren't a member of them all. We use distribution lists to send email to groups of email, e.g. all staff, firm, legal assistants, etc. The sender with the problem gets this error message:

Your message can't be delivered because delivery to this address is restricted.

She can send to individuals and to the only distribution list she is a member of (reception). I'm not finding very much information about this on Google. Mostly seems to point to resources, but I don't think a distribution list for email is the same thing.

We have an Exchange 2010 server and the user has Outlook 2007.
    Daisy

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I think I'm seeing the problem. The distribution groups were carried over from the old Exchange 2003 server to this Exchange 2010. It looks like if I convert them from Non-Universal to Universal Group type then she will be able to send to the list. But, I've now discovered, when I converted one it doesn't have a manager connected and it won't let me add a manager. The error reads, "This operation can only be performed by a manager of this group" and since there is no manager carried over it would seem I'll never be able to add one. Hmm. Maybe I just create all new distribution groups.
    Daisy