New Lounger
    Thanks

Page could not be displayed (IE 5.5 WinNT 4.0)

The problem I am having is when I try view a webpage that has HTTPS, I get a message that says page could not be displayed. If we take the s off it displays. I can can get logged on the site and do my business if I take the s off the url, the little padlock is visible at the bottom. I tried loading the page certificates and I got message that could find or open cryptext.dll. The file is there and looks the same as other NT4.0 computers we have.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page could not be displayed (IE 5.5 WinNT 4.0)

"s" in HTTPS stands for "secure". Maybe encryption in this installation of browser is not strong enough. Check Help | About Internet Explorer, is Cipher Strengh shows 128 bit? If not, install the latest version (IE 5.5 SR2 or IE6.0).

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Page could not be displayed (IE 5.5 WinNT 4.0)

I had the same thing happen to me after running Windows Update to install SP2 for IE 5.5 ... the culprit was that the DEFAULT security settings have been changed ... I futzed around with with my security settings (actually by telling IE that the site's domain was a "Trusted Site", and then setting the Security for Trusted Sites to be "Low" ... I had it so it doesn't require the site to be Secure (https) ... you MIGHT want to try this route.

Good luck.