Star Lounger
    Thanks

deleting previous versions

hi I am kind of new new to windows 7. I have backed up my computer today 1-29-11.
    IfI do not want want previous versions to show in the dialogue box eg yahoo messenger from an older version going back to 11-20-10, how do I delete or remove it from that box that shows previous versions of the routine?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by schonman View Post
    hi I am kind of new new to windows 7. I have backed up my computer today 1-29-11.
    IfI do not want want previous versions to show in the dialogue box eg yahoo messenger from an older version going back to 11-20-10, how do I delete or remove it from that box that shows previous versions of the routine?
    schonman,
    Hello... could you be more specific about the "how and what you backed up" ? For instance ...did you use a 3rd party imaging software ex: Macrium, Acronis ? Or did you use Windows ? Where did you store the backup ? Is the backup of your whole OS or just "Data"? Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    my back up was through the windows system it backed up to an external hard drive i have attached to the computer. it was the OS i backed up to that external drive. I would just like to know how I can remove the older file versions that i have on under previous versions that appear like the version i have for yahoo messenger for 11-20-10. its not needed and takes up space thanks for your reply

Thanks
    Are you talking about deleting a previous Image? If so simply delete it as you would any other file. Right click and choose delete, then empty the recycle bin.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    See if this from the How-To Geek helps. I think the only option is to change the settings to retain the latest image. Scroll down the page for the instructions for managing the system image size.

JB