Virginia, USA

Report toolbar or shortcut menu in Access 2007

I am using Access 2007 to open a 2002 database. My report has a toolbar created from a macro in order to print or email the report. Converting macros to toolbars does not appear possible in Access 2007. I tried the MS online help to create a menu shortcut and add it to the Add-Ins tab on the Ribbon, but it does not show up for this report. Not sure what I may be doing wrong, but is there any way to take toolbars made from macros in Access 2002 and modify them for a given report? ... or else a way to achieve the same purpose via Add-ins on the Ribbon?

Super Moderator
    Evergreen, CO, USA
    Unfortunately that is one of the capabilites that did not translate from 2002/3 to 2007/10 - in general you will have a right click menu that does the functions you want in 2007, but there are some exceptions. If you specify a toolbar as the "shortcut menu" in the properties for a specific report, then tool bars from earlier versions can be used. This gives you some background on what you can do. You might also consider adding the commands you want to the Quick Access Toolbar.
    Last edited by WendellB; 2011-01-29 at 18:12.