New Lounger
    Thanks

Unwelcome write protection

I have a friend with the following problem: One of two hard drives always starts write protected. (Details of the computer are below). He can enter the following command sequence:

At "cmd"
    type--> diskpart
    type--> list volume
    type--> select volume #
    type--> attributes disk clear readonly
    and can write to the disk. After reboot it is again write protected. Drive 1 (see below) is the affected drive.
    My thought is that possibly the registry has an entry that is not corrected by the command line sequence. Just a wild guess and no idea where to look. The drives were partitioned with easeus. Any help happily accepted.
    It's a Gigabyte Ultra durable 3 motherboard.
    The Bios is Award Modular V6.00PG Energy Star EP45T-UD3P F2
    The processor is an Intel (R) core (TM) 2 Quad cpu Q9550 @ 2,83Ghz 333 x 8.5
    8 gig RAM
    64 bit Win7 Ultimate
    Drive 0 is a solid state 120 gig
    Drive 1 is a traditional 600 gig spinning disk. Drive 1, the spinning disk is the problem drive.

Thank you
    Bob

Thanks
    Here's a link that has pretty much the same trouble you have;http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...8-a0c550c8ba0a
    Read the whole article.I hope this helps.
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Chowur:
    Thank you: I will relay this to my friend an will let you know if it is successful.
    Bob

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by howardrl View Post
    Chowur:
    Thank you: I will relay this to my friend an will let you know if it is successful.
    Bob
    Just to let you know, the things you suggested were unsuccessful but, the problem seems to have been resolved by using a more recent copy of easeus to repartition both drives. That has just recently been done and we wait to be sure that the fix is permanent. Thanks again for your help.