New Lounger
    Thanks

What apps are removable?

In using Decrapifier, how do I determine what is removable if I'm not expert in knowing the functions of various programs which came preloaded on my W7, 64x HP laptop?

Thanks
    Most any app that is on a 30 day trial bases.Most of the time this would be an anti-virus program.Too many anti-virus programs are out their for FREE!Go through the program files & see which one's that you are NOT likely to use also.In other words it's really a personal pick & choose.
    BTW,welcome to the lounge.
    Last edited by chowur; 2011-01-29 at 15:49. Reason: spelling correction
    Problems cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them. -Albert Einsten

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chowur View Post
    Most any app that is on a 30 day trial bases.Most of the time this would be an anti-virus program.Too many anti-virus programs are out their for FREE!Go through the program files & see which one's that you are NOT likely to use also.In other words it's really a personal pick & choose.
    BTW,welcome to the lounge.
    Thanks and thanks for the welcome. There are a bunch of HP programs. How do I judge those?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If you knew about PC decrapifier you prolly know which progs you can remove.

Thanks
    Do a search individually on the web for the apps in question. See what they do. Are they really a function you need and will use. If yes, keep them, if no toss them. Many of the HP apps are most likely support apps and help apps, etc. Also, most of these are probably running in the background, what a waste. Go to an app called What's In Startup (scroll quite a ways down the web page for the download link) and delete all those unnecessary apps from starting with Windows. They are not needed. I start my AV/AM (MSE), my Touchpad app (Laptop), my Win 7 Firewall Control App and an app that allows me to text over my Blackberry from my PC. That's it, 4 apps in total.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks so much.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by High Sierra View Post
    If you knew about PC decrapifier you prolly know which progs you can remove.
    If I knew I wouldn't have asked.