New Lounger
    Thanks

Angry Word 2010--fn key

Oh, joy--the new and "improved" Word 2010 just descended upon me, and I have fumble-fingered something on the keyboard that I haven't figured out how to undo. I'm working on a laptop that has numbers located on some of the qwerty keys. There is a "fn" key located between the CTRL and Win keys. I have to press and hold this key if I want to type the alpha rather than the number assigned to it. How in the heck do I toggle that off?? I have tried every combination of CTRL+fn, etc that I can think of but still haven't hit the magic combination. Any ideas?

I see someone posted that they like the new ribbon. Honey, you can have it. It's waaaay too slow for me! I streamline everything I can get my mouse pointer on, but that thing is a nightmare for a speed demon like me.

OK, I'll stop whining now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buttrkup View Post
    There is a "fn" key located between the CTRL and Win keys. I have to press and hold this key if I want to type the alpha rather than the number assigned to it. How in the heck do I toggle that off??
    Could be how your laptop implements NumLock ??

New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2010--fn key

Thnx jscher2000--one would think; however, the laptop has a numLock key as well.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    The answer seems to be dependent on the manufacturer of the laptop. Google toggle off numbers (your brand)

JB

New Lounger
    Thanks

Word 2-1---fn key

Thnx junebug. I just rebooted and whatever was hung up cleared in the reboot. Now, it's working fine. I press the fn key and the NumLock, and everything's wonderful. Computers--go figure!