If I have Word or Excel open, I can copy and paste between applications without any trouble. If, on the other hand, I copy or cut something from another application before opening the relevant MS Office 2007 application, then when I do open it I cannot paste the copied item. Once open, I can "re-copy" and paste and it works as advertised.
Steps to reproduce:
- With Word NOT open, highlight some text in a browser or other application and copy (either Edit -> Copy or ctrl-c).
- Open MS Word 2007
- Attempt to paste (either Edit -> Paste or ctrl-v). Nothing will happen.
- With Word still open, go back to browser or other application and copy a second time.
- Attempt to paste into Word. This time it will work.
* The copied text should be pasted at step 3.
* The copied text is not pasted until step 5.
So, is this a bug or a feature? It certainly is annoying.