Thread: help i am new

New Lounger
    Thanks

help i am new

hi woody i am completely new here and would like to read about how to use your site, i also have your big yellow book, my first computer and i had to choose window vista 32 bit (your favourite) anyway i am teaching myself the pc from your book although i must admit i sometimes dont understand your jargon, but it is great i am now in your site i also have a problem that is coming up in problem report and i dont know how to ask on the site i think it is something serious (well it sounds like that) could you please guide me to were i should go
    thank you

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lotusflower View Post
    hi woody i am completely new here and would like to read about how to use your site, i also have your big yellow book, my first computer and i had to choose window vista 32 bit (your favourite) anyway i am teaching myself the pc from your book although i must admit i sometimes dont understand your jargon, but it is great i am now in your site i also have a problem that is coming up in problem report and i dont know how to ask on the site i think it is something serious (well it sounds like that) could you please guide me to were i should go
    thank you
    Give some indication of your problem and some one will direct you to the right place. Welcome to the Lounge.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    hi wesran there has been several problems pc been very slow for quite a while and yesterday microsoft sent a report that graphics disc was needed updated i followed their directions and it said update was successful. today my concern is the event viewer i did not know it even existed was reading something that woody had wrote and part of the solution was going into the event viewer it says that there is 4,408 events and they all look like warnings and errors i dont know what to do with them, i have already this afternoon wrote an email to dennis johnson he had sent me password reset and i did not know what to do with this problem, i did not want to put pc off so just put event viewer down the bottom of the screen would appreciate if you any answers
    thank you lotusflower

Thanks
    yesterday microsoft sent a report that graphics disc was needed updated i followed their directions and it said update was successful.
    Can you explain how Microsoft sent you the report? There are some emails going around claiming to send you an update, but these can lead to malicious downloads that cause problems.

today my concern is the event viewer i did not know it even existed was reading something that woody had wrote and part of the solution was going into the event viewer it says that there is 4,408 events and they all look like warnings and errors i dont know what to do with them
    The Event Viewer stores messages from Windows and numerous applications. Unless you are looking for something in particular, yes, it can be information overload. If you notice problems with programs you care about, you could search the error codes and get more information.

(On my PC, there is a problem with the chassis intrusion switch. I just ignore those messages because I'm sitting right here and not seeing anyone intruding in my chassis!)