New Lounger
    Thanks

Scanner Problems

Suddenly, my HP L7680 scanning software disappeared. Went to HP, downloaded new software suite and installed. Now it's impossible to scan an 8.5 x 11 sheet to an acceptable file size. At 200 or 300 dpi, the file come out just gigantic. Searched web for a solution, can't find one. Seems to be a known issue. This was not a problem with the older version of the software, but of course I can't find the disc to reinstall that version.
    So I dust off my old HP LaserJet 3015 and install the scanner drivers. Whenever I go to scan, I get an error "IsCapAllowed" pops up in a little screen with OK being the only option. After clicking ok, a window opens that says USB PC CAMERA and has a few options (see attached image). I cannot get it to scan for the life of me. Uninstalled, reinstalled, installed drivers only, installed full software package, have restarted no less than 20 times in the last two days. To no avail. I am at my wit's end. Does anyone have any suggestions to get either of these working properly?
    TIA for any help/ideas!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Hi EWek11, and welcome to the Lounge!

Did you install a scanner driver written for the LaserJet 3015 or the driver that belongs to the L7680?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have tried installing each printer's respective drivers (and/or software suite) for the printer to which it was written. I tried re-installing the 3015 with the 3015 software package, for example. Same for the L7680.