Lounger
    Thanks

Server says file can't be located

We run our sales & accounting software on windows server (2008 i think). When I export a report to Excel, it saves it on the server.
    I haven't figured out a way to get it to save locally, so then I navigate to the server from my Mac Book Pro, click on the file, and now get a message that the file can't be located. That perhaps it has been moved (obviously not). A few months ago it worked.

The only way I can get at the file is have someone move it from that server to our file sharing server. I can navigate to that and open the file.

Why can't Windows Server locate the file it shows me?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Maybe you do not have permission to read the file. Ask your server admin to check the permissions on the folder where the file is located.

cheers, Paul

Lounger
    Thanks
    Very strange. I always put files in that location and get them from employees.
    I just navigated to there and today it lets me open them. Maybe because I'm not logged into the program that generated them?
    I haven't restarted my computer, although I did log out of the server yesterday and back in today.