New Lounger
    Thanks

Word Field Maths | Word 2010 | Help!

I downloaded this extremely helpful manual:

http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Word%20Field%20Maths.zip

However, the formula for rounding is {=ROUND(123.456,2)}. I am trying to make a sum calculation round to the nearest whole number. I believe this might be the formula? {=ROUND(sum(c3:c8),0)} In any regard, the {=ROUND(x,y)} for either function is not working in MS Word 2010. Any advice would be amazing!

Thank you.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi JR,

That tutorial originates here! See: http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=365442

The field code in your post calculates correctly for me. Did you remember to update it (eg Ctrl-A, F9) after inputting the values into C3:C8?
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Dear Paul:

Thank you for your response. Clearly, I am an amateur. This equation doesn't seem to be working {=ROUND(sum(c3:c8),0)} and I am unsure why. I have auto calculate on the previous fields but have tried Ctrl-A, F9. The 0 in aforementioned equation references the number of decimal places to be rounded? (In this case it would round to a whole number). Does the number format need to be specific for one or all fields? It's not summing so I believe my whole equation or references may be wrong.

Thank you again for all of your help. That manual is amazing! I have been trying to program a 160 page template that has numerous tables and this is one of the last pieces to the puzzle!

Best,
    Jacob

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Sorry, just realized that the outside brackets should be omitted. Way stupid of me. Thank you!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm experiencing another issue: the form fields do not retain the number formats selected once the file has been saved, closed, and reopened. Do you happen to know why this is happening? Thanks!

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Jacob,

Without seeing the document, I can't really say why your formatting might not be retained. perhaps you could post a copy (with any private/confidential data removed).
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]