3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Getting password from user

Hi

(Win XP SP-3, O2003 UK)

In Excel, I'm asking a user for password through an inputbox. As he types it reveals the password - not nice . Are there a way to substitute or mask the input as asterikses??

Alternatively does Windows have a built-in form for password inputs?

TIA
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You can create a UserForm which can be done in the VB Editor in Excel. Then create a TextBox control on that form and on its Properties set the PasswordChar property to whatever character you want it to display eg "*"

More information on creating a UserForm and example can be found here: http://www.exceltip.com/st/Create_Us...Excel/629.html

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by njl100 View Post
    You can create a UserForm which can be done in the VB Editor in Excel.
    Thanks for the answer - appreciate it, but I'm already aware of that option. I was just hoping to achieve more or less the same with the "input box" directly, so that I don't have to go through the tedious "VB-forms" way.
    Last edited by Henrik Ryberg; 2011-02-03 at 09:19.
    Bests,
    RD

PS: Wish there were a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness," but that doesn't work