New Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook 2007 wont capitalize, word wrap, etc.

Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 on a Windows XP OS computer for years. All of a sudden it quit automatically capitalizing the first word of sentences, it quit word wrapping at the end of 76 characters, it quit completing words like days of the week and it quit auto correcting spelling and grammer errors.

I have checked that all those settings are properly set but it is not doing it. I have gone to Tools-Options-Mail Format-Editor Options-Proofing-AutoCorrect Options and then seen that all those boxes are checked.

Can someone tell me a fix for this problem?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Somebody please help!

Thanks
    Is Word 2007 installed with auto correct enabled? Outlook relies on Word 2007 (not any earlier version) for autocorrect editing. If Word 2007 is installed, you could try to repair the office installation by clicking on add remove programs, select Microsoft Office, and select repair.

Jerry

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks

Word 2007 is installed with the autocorrect option. I will try what you suggest re the Add/Remove Programs repair approach. Thanks for answering

New Lounger
    Thanks

Wish it had but it did't work

Anybody got any other suggestions? I did a repair of the entire Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 program through the Add/Remove Programs section and after I rebooted my computer it was still the same as it was.

Help!!

Thanks
    Other thoughts: If you use a particular stationery, try changing it or composing a blank message. You also might try disabling add-ons.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. I now remember that when this first started happening a couple of weeks ago it was right after I had changed to a new font. I just changed it from Times New Roman Special G1 back to Times New Roman and it is working properly now.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

GIL